Car accidents are more common in the US than people would like them to be and often caused by human error. Though most drivers are covered by insurance, even minor accidents cause a lot of inconvenience to the involved parties. Getting on the road is a risk and even as a careful driver, there is no guarantee that you won’t be involved in one. The sensible thing to do in the case of an accident is to file a claim. There are many lawyers in every state like the San Antonio car crash attorney who are willing and able to defend, and also get a good settlement on your behalf.
Causes of car accidents
Car accidents can turn out to be quite fatal. Accidents majorly are caused due to some peculiar and common movements on the road. By grabbing a knowhow of these and ensuring that it is avoided, one can avoid car accidents to a great extent.
- Distracted driving is self-explanatory. With cell phone use becoming more prevalent, many people get distracted and cause a lot of accidents. Some others even apply make-up while driving. Not a great idea!
- Drinking and driving is the second more common cause of accidents. This reason has caused many fatal crashes and it is really not worth losing your life. Common sense dictates that people take a cab when they have had a few drinks.
- Speeding is another cause – if you are in a hurry, then try to drive safely. There are heavy penalties for breaking posted speed limits.
- Weather conditions like sleet and rain are not in a person’s control and when surfaces become slippery, it is a big reason to slow down or just pull over. Better to let a storm pass and then keep driving.
- Many people think that they have good reflexes and driving skills. There is a very important reason for red lights – it is important to pay attention to your surroundings and not end up in a serious accident.
- Design defects in vehicles have also been known to cause accidents but this is not as common as human error. This can be avoided to a large extent by regular maintenance.
- Not signaling turns can also cause accidents. Make sure to follow good protocol while driving to make it easy for everyone on the road.
Why legal representation is important
Since the possibility of accidents is a given, an experienced lawyer like the San Antonio car crash attorney will be familiar with the statues and other regulations governing accidents in the state they live in. They are also familiar with the procedures followed by insurance companies.
If you have been in an accident through no fault of your own, getting representation will help. They can mediate with the insurance companies and also in the court system and get the best possible settlement. Whether it is a complicated scenario or a simple one, it is always better to get a lawyer to do the talking.